Imagine backpacking in the wilderness and being able to charge your device just using the heat of your body. While finding a cell signal out there might be another issue entirely, a reality where you don't need an electrical outlet or even sunshine to charge your phone is what the Thermochargers team is after.
Even though they're not looking to solar panels to create their charger, the Thermochargers did get inspiration for their prototype from solar energy. Read on to learn more about what makes this Clackamas Community College team tick.
1. What is your invention?
Our invention is a device that uses body heat to charge your phone.
2. Where did you get the inspiration for your invention idea?
Solar panels had a large impact on the inspiration of our design.
3. As you prepare to pitch your invention to judges, what are you most excited about sharing?
We are extremely excited to share the electronics that we have put together that makes this device what it is.
4. Who are your invention heroes?
Albert Einstein for sure.
5. Tell us about your team. How did you connect with one another and how do you work together?
Our team was founded in a engineer class for a final project. We work well together because we are all future engineers.
6. What is the most important thing you want the judges to understand about your invention — what will set you apart from the competition?
We are better than our competitors because our device can be used anywhere at anytime and could make a real impact on people around the world.